The name of the Native Indian in the picture of the Yankton Nakota Sioux Indian is Táh-zee-keh-dá-cha, Torn Belly, a Distinguished Brave, 1832, Yankton Nakota tribe. The picture of him raises different points of interest which increase knowledge and understanding of Native Indian tribes:
- What materials have been used to make the clothes / headdress?
- What ornaments or decorations are being worn?
- What items or accessories is he holding?
- What image does the picture convey? Intimidating or friendly?
- Can you identify the group or the region the Native Indian belongs to?
The title we have given the picture reflects the name of the tribe, for ease of identification.